About Me

My photo
I am a young invester/Trader, i mostly focus on Short term or Intra day trading on the equities or Forex markets. I have recently completed my Bachelor of Commerce double major in Finance and Property. I have also completed my RG146 in securities and Financial planning and while trading is a passion my desire is to work within the stockbroking industry or as a trader for an investment bank. This blog I have set up to help share ideas to others on trades and tips i have picked up from my time in the market. I hope you enjoy my blog and some of my ideas :)

Twitter / scilliams

This blog i have designed for a bit of fun, education and sharing of my thoughts in regards to trading the ASX or general equities trading and also FOREX trading. I am no expert and nothing on this blog should be taken as financial advice, it is merely just a tool for myself to share any trading thoughts i have and for people to enjoy reading :)

Thursday, June 3, 2010

How to Swing and Range Trade

Well i was a bit drunk last night and was to hungover for the market today so i was helping a friend of a friend with their swing charts and how to kinda explain them. Personally i find that they are the best way to trade and i might not even take a trade unless i am comfortable i can see what the swings might do. Anyway when you apply them with the daily ranges or weekly ranges you can do really well off them. But i must say i am not always waiting for them to be confirmed and as rob has taught me if you can pre empt what they might do then you can get a better entry to the trade. However this is hard and many times it wont work but at least the risk is very small.

I have used MQG as an example as i trade her quite regularly and i felt there was a couple good examples on there. What i have been saying to those i have been 'training' is that you should try drawing swing charts in paint or anything just to see if you are getting them right. Feel free to post here and i or rob or anyone im sure will be happy to help you with them. Practice makes perfect, These are only 1 day swing charts as with such short intra day trading these are enough for me. But you can learn how to do 2 or 3 day ones also as they are much the same rules.

Anyway please look at both charts as they kinda are done from each other. The one with the trade plan and what you might do goes hand in hand with the swing chart as that is where i am getting the trades but when u look at one and then the other you will begin to see the chart with no swings on as having swings on it... amazing i know lol.

Anyway thought it might help you all and happy trading.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

NeoCounter