About Me

My photo
I am a young invester/Trader, i mostly focus on Short term or Intra day trading on the equities or Forex markets. I have recently completed my Bachelor of Commerce double major in Finance and Property. I have also completed my RG146 in securities and Financial planning and while trading is a passion my desire is to work within the stockbroking industry or as a trader for an investment bank. This blog I have set up to help share ideas to others on trades and tips i have picked up from my time in the market. I hope you enjoy my blog and some of my ideas :)

Twitter / scilliams

This blog i have designed for a bit of fun, education and sharing of my thoughts in regards to trading the ASX or general equities trading and also FOREX trading. I am no expert and nothing on this blog should be taken as financial advice, it is merely just a tool for myself to share any trading thoughts i have and for people to enjoy reading :)

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Peak Oil

Recently i have been watching a couple of documentaries regarding peak oil and the likely implications this might have on the world.

A very scary prospect actually running out of oil and what would happen to the lead up to this, the price of oil increasing dramatically, asset prices decreasing and people going hungry as they can't afford food as the price would increase in line with oil as oil is used to make/produce/transport food. Countries would go to war over oil and resources and basically anarchy would evolve until a solution is found.

My ideas from watching these documentaries would be:

1) Invest in oil as a raw commoditie and wait for the price to increase (likely timeframe until run out of oil 20 years? Price should increase over this time frame)

2) For a more practical approach invest in housing, inner city apartments or even better land in these areas, with the transport costs going up demand for inner city living should increase and thus so will the housing price. if you are wanting investment properties again always look close to public transport and close to the city and other ammenities. This will be very important in the coming years!

3) renewable energy investments, it is likely that this will bubble as more and more people start investing and there will be a lot of scammers and people who will invest in companies that will fizzle and die, like all the internet companies during the 2000 tech boom, or the Car makers that fizzled when the car was introduced and so on, but from this there will also be quality companies that will be able to improve and make substantial profits. It will be a matter of picking the right company tho

There are many other ways to take advantage of this but these are the main ones that come into mind initially, will be interesting to see what happens and how we would deal with such a massive lifestyle change. Personally i think Uranium will be the next big thing as it is cheaper and more efficient than the others...time will tell

No comments:

Post a Comment

NeoCounter