About Me

My photo
I am a young invester/Trader, i mostly focus on Short term or Intra day trading on the equities or Forex markets. I have recently completed my Bachelor of Commerce double major in Finance and Property. I have also completed my RG146 in securities and Financial planning and while trading is a passion my desire is to work within the stockbroking industry or as a trader for an investment bank. This blog I have set up to help share ideas to others on trades and tips i have picked up from my time in the market. I hope you enjoy my blog and some of my ideas :)

Twitter / scilliams

This blog i have designed for a bit of fun, education and sharing of my thoughts in regards to trading the ASX or general equities trading and also FOREX trading. I am no expert and nothing on this blog should be taken as financial advice, it is merely just a tool for myself to share any trading thoughts i have and for people to enjoy reading :)

Sunday, July 25, 2010

QBE

Some more analysis on QBE.

I actually sold out all of the position i bought before which i know i know naughty boy but a range is a range. Ok but i am looking at taking a Position trade on QBE now after reviewing a few charts as seen below to hang on into the dividend which is around 60 odd cents or around 3.5% if my maths serves me correctly...

Below is a chart of the dividend and what caught my attention was the similar pattern to the august 2006 lows then runs up into dividend. Generally stocks will run up into the dividend and QBE has a nice dividend so could be worth while...

QBE Dividends

Next charts are a few gann charts i quickly scraped together for a bit more of an argument as to why i think it will go up...

the first one shows the 50% resistance of the all time highs as well as the 50% of the last major range up both falling at $17.74 and $17.35 respectively

qbe time price

This run up lasted 2190 days and if we consider this move took this long to do 100% and is now at the 50% mark after 50% in time it could be ready for a run up? Ideally you would want the 18th of September to be a low at the 50% of the rise resistance level as that is a very strong argument for a reversal However i am wanting it to run UP into the dividend so happy to take this higher low for a position trade here as risk is small to potential reward...

qbe all time lows

The last chart is the all time low's squared out and displaying the 50% level (green line) of these moves which also falls on the $17.50 area and shows why it is such an important level.

And this last one is just an indicator chart i think i posted. i did another but couldn't be bothered uploading it but basically just showing how over sold it is on the weekly and what has happened all the last times that she was in a similar position...

QBE Weekly

SORRY for not updating regularly but i will try post more...promise :)

Hopefully this makes up for it and makes us some dollars in the process :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey scott, just noticed you had a blog. Any chance of improving the clarity of the charts? Otherwise top stuff.
    10cents

    ReplyDelete

NeoCounter