About Me

My photo
I am a young invester/Trader, i mostly focus on Short term or Intra day trading on the equities or Forex markets. I have recently completed my Bachelor of Commerce double major in Finance and Property. I have also completed my RG146 in securities and Financial planning and while trading is a passion my desire is to work within the stockbroking industry or as a trader for an investment bank. This blog I have set up to help share ideas to others on trades and tips i have picked up from my time in the market. I hope you enjoy my blog and some of my ideas :)

Twitter / scilliams

This blog i have designed for a bit of fun, education and sharing of my thoughts in regards to trading the ASX or general equities trading and also FOREX trading. I am no expert and nothing on this blog should be taken as financial advice, it is merely just a tool for myself to share any trading thoughts i have and for people to enjoy reading :)

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Non Farm Payrolls

Well the number was worse than expectations and as a result we saw a strong rally in the USD but this was short lived as the dow bounced back up and regained to close fairly flat. I did not place any FOREX trades on the actual annoucnement but did spend about 2 hours listening to wayne from FXbootcamp.com and it was very benificial.

i think i might even join up, it is quite pricey so i think i will do it when i have a solid week to focus on only trading FOREX markets and leave the equities for a week. I will keep you all posted on this.

I Still think the market has more to fall maybe another week of red? might be a correction from here? I do have doubts with the economy and with this latest job data things are not looking good. Wayne who lives in the US thinks that the unemployment is more like 17% as opposed to the 10% that is given and the effects this has on the economy are detrimental. All we need to do is look to 2010 and see that with out the people having money to buy things or build then the prices of the commodities will decline due to the lack of demand, copper was mentioned as one. I think the worlds economies are still in very bad shape but are slowly recovering, i mean i sound fairly bearish but sometimes you cant always just got with the flow...look what happend in 08, good things do come to an end and a 50% gain from the december lows is pretty good.

Will be interesting to see, i will only be looking to make short term trades, might be able to do a few this week but i guess ill see how i go with exams.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

NeoCounter