About Me

My photo
I am a young invester/Trader, i mostly focus on Short term or Intra day trading on the equities or Forex markets. I have recently completed my Bachelor of Commerce double major in Finance and Property. I have also completed my RG146 in securities and Financial planning and while trading is a passion my desire is to work within the stockbroking industry or as a trader for an investment bank. This blog I have set up to help share ideas to others on trades and tips i have picked up from my time in the market. I hope you enjoy my blog and some of my ideas :)

Twitter / scilliams

This blog i have designed for a bit of fun, education and sharing of my thoughts in regards to trading the ASX or general equities trading and also FOREX trading. I am no expert and nothing on this blog should be taken as financial advice, it is merely just a tool for myself to share any trading thoughts i have and for people to enjoy reading :)

Monday, October 11, 2010

Gann - BHP

Ok so for those of you that follow this blog i thought i would share a bit of gann stuff in regards to time and price on BHP.

Firstly this does not really mean that a turn must happen but it certainly does give weight to anyone looking to get a short position.

How i would trade this tomorrow (Tuesday) is that i would apply openers rule for my position 1. So this means i will take 1/3 or 1/2 of a full position when price falls below the opening price. Should it open and go flying up to around 41.60 area i will take some of a position and just give it a wide stop loss as this position wont be huge. Then i would add to this position on the first confirmed lower swing top. After that stops are moved down to the highs and i will look for $39 or around here as my target....

This first chart i have is a repeating time range chart. This shows the move down from april highs to the lows in may as a time and how often it has repeated and called turns.

Photobucket

The second his the Square root turns. This is the high or low price of a point on the chart and finding the square root of this and then turning it into calendar days and projecting forward to find a turn date on the stock.

Photobucket

The third chart is showing the significant number of time and price turns landing on and around the 11/12th of october. Mostly trading days but some significant calendar days from prior highs and lows.

Photobucket

This last chart shows the indicators clearly in the over bought area of the chart as well as the Square of 9 resistance from the April tops. This is resistance at 41.69. This level 41.60 is also significant for BHP as it is a multiple of the all time lows and has proven to be resistance previously.

Photobucket

The last chart i am posting is the monthly range of BHP which is around $4. We can see that price is currently at the 50% level of this a very strong failure point and another factor for us looking for a turn.

Photobucket


That is my analysis on BHP. I wouldn't normally share that but thought i would try rewarding those who actually read this blog regularly and provide some out side of the box analysis on a major stock that is regularly traded.

Should we not get a nice openers rule or a good entry we might not even take a position but it certainly does help the argument that the market that we could have a slight correction this week with so many cycles lining up.

Hope that was enlightening

Regards,

Scott

1 comment:

  1. Nice work champ... Multi dimensional analysis add alot of weight. Well done......

    Lloyd

    ReplyDelete

NeoCounter