About Me

My photo
I am a young invester/Trader, i mostly focus on Short term or Intra day trading on the equities or Forex markets. I have recently completed my Bachelor of Commerce double major in Finance and Property. I have also completed my RG146 in securities and Financial planning and while trading is a passion my desire is to work within the stockbroking industry or as a trader for an investment bank. This blog I have set up to help share ideas to others on trades and tips i have picked up from my time in the market. I hope you enjoy my blog and some of my ideas :)

Twitter / scilliams

This blog i have designed for a bit of fun, education and sharing of my thoughts in regards to trading the ASX or general equities trading and also FOREX trading. I am no expert and nothing on this blog should be taken as financial advice, it is merely just a tool for myself to share any trading thoughts i have and for people to enjoy reading :)

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Westpac $1.72?

Well i have spent the majority of my Saturday reading Gann books and playing with cycles on some of my charts...Maybe doesn't sounds overly exciting but once i begin and then i start playing with some theories and applying them to the stocks i trade i just can't put it down. The way it works is really amazing, Pure mathmatics at its best.

Here i have done a Chart on WBC that shows a 172 day cycle and a $1.72 price cycle. Basically the all time low was $1.72 so you can square this out and project the degrees forward in time as a cycle to find pressure points in the market. There are many teachings and some work better on one stock than another and i will try demonstrate this with more charts at a later date :)

Anyway i have started with the banks but i will just show you WBC for now.

Basically the green dotted lines indicate a 50% move of a price cycle, as we can see the top was almost perfectly aligned with this price level before she fell over. When april turn dates came for the market and we notice where the prices are on the cycle charts so for example WBC struggling to break the $28.38 level and the market looking toppy this i feel would be a low risk short and would be happy giving a sell recommendation.

My thoughts are still bearish and i would expect to see the price come down and maybe begin to turn up around the turn date as indicated by the black line in june.

I will be watching closely as WBC goes ex div monday and should maybe run down further. Anywhere near the $20.64 area i would be looking maybe for a long, espicially if it is near to the turn or another cycle date. Hope this analysis helps people try understand some of Gann's teachings, There are many other techniques that can be applied to WBC and the other banks and i will show those in more detail in the coming weeks :)

WBC 172 cycle

No comments:

Post a Comment

NeoCounter